If you are interested in applying for any of the following jobs, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. All positions will be based in Sutter Creek, California, USA.
Responsible for all aspects of safety management at the Sutter Gold Mining Company's Lincoln Mine Project.
The Safety Manager is responsible for the successful management of safety at the Lincoln Mine Project. Develops operations level safety programs, objectives and coordinates the safety training programs. Provides technical safety support to production personnel and coordinates with shift supervisors, geologists, engineers, mineral processing, and the metallurgy lab ensuring site-wide compliance with all Cal OSHA, MSHA, and federal, state and local safety regulations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Skills and Attributes:
- Creation and successful maintenance of the project safety culture and ethics at the Company's standards.
- Prepare written safety and health programs and policies.
- Identify company safety training needs and develop and coordinate safety training programs.
- Develop annual company safety and health goals.
- Participate in new product/process reviews including process hazard analyses, operator training, etc.
- Support corporate/plant engineering to implement engineering controls to minimize safety and occupational health hazards.
- Support plant personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Maintain corporate safety library (e.g. videos, regulations, reference manuals).
- Promote safety and health awareness through internal company memoranda, newsletters, and specific training programs.
- Periodically audit practices and records of manufacturing plants to ensure compliance with company programs and Federal/State occupational safety and health regulations.
- Review injury/illness and non-injury incident investigation reports and follow-up as necessary.
- Monitor lost-time injuries/illnesses and Worker's Compensation Claims.
- Provide technical support to corporate and plant personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations.
- Review plant safety committee meeting minutes and safety inspection reports.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Solid understanding of current HSE and Cal-OSHA/MSHA regulations.
- Ability to effectively deal with other people, especially other company personnel to enlist needed cooperation in implementing regulatory requirements.
- Ability to deal with regulatory agencies, consultants and other contractor personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead diversified safety project teams.
- Effective communication and planning skills.
- Demonstrated success in the safe and efficient management of safety on projects of equal or greater magnitude.
- Above average communication and presentation skills, including computer competency in the following software programs; Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
- MSHA certified instructor: IS/IU/MR.
- 15 years metal/non-metal mining experience either in safety or production role.
- B.Sc. Mining Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
- Work up to full time in noisy, wet, dirty and at times cramped underground environment.
- Be capable of working at heights.
- Ability to work in a high paced and at times, high stress environment.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States at the time of resume submission.
- Be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Be able to climb and descend ladders of 10 to 20 feet increments in approximately 100 foot stretches.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time
- Be able to walk at least 2 miles per day in changing terrain and steep slopes.